Live from Passau, Germany, another outstanding interview with the "Frankfurter" (as the locals call him.) He took great care choosing exactly the right words to convey his message to you. I hope you enjoy it:
"Thank you Amy as we continue this wonderful cruise and you have allowed me a few minutes away from our shopping and eating to reflect on my thoughts of the trip thus far.
It seems that the further we travel on the, not so Blue (the water is actually a murky brown - "but good") Danube, the more confused I have become as to what emperor canned which bishop, what nation liberated another, and who established all the boundries around here anyway.
Other observations I have made include the fact that Amy is by far the youngest passenger, while I am near the oldest. While we are hitting the capitals of several states, this region is also the souvenir capital of the world - a fact I learned from Princess Amy. I have also discovered that Wiener Schnitzel, which everyone serves, is the same as Texas fried steak, and ice cream, which everyone also serves, is the same as gelato. You can't put a price on a good time.
If asked to select my favorite spot, I would be hard-pressed. We thought Budapest was outstanding, but each area has gotten better through Bratislava, Vienna (did not see Mozart), Durnstein (apricots anyone?), Melk (where I was tempted to jump in the river following a particularly hot day), Linz (where Hitler had his Eagle's Nest), Salzburg (did not see Julie Andrews), Passau (where the boat was moved three times to avoid getting stuck under a bridge), and then on to Prague tomorrow."
Thank you Digger for those profound words to think about this evening. As for me, I will do my best after dinner to fill you in on the last few days. However, some laundry is calling my name, not to mention an empty suitcase that needs packed, and then there's always the temperamental internet connection that likes to hide itself when I attempt to publish a post. That being said, I'll do my best, but I can't guarantee you'll hear anything from us until we reach Prague tomorrow afternoon.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment